Personal Membership Consents
Consent for Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
I can withdraw any consent I give below for the collection, use, and disclosure of my personal information at any time by contacting Member Savings. I may be asked to provide a request in writing.
If I withdraw my consent, Member Savings may no longer be able to provide me or the third party for whom I am acting with a product(s) and/or service(s).
Administration, Full Personal Credit Report, and Marketing Consents
Social Insurance Number (the “SIN”) for Administration Purposes Consent
• I consent to Member Savings and its agents and representatives collecting, using, and disclosing my SIN to administer the Account; to keep my records with Member Savings separate from other individuals with the same name; and to identify me, including for credit report purposes, if I have consented to a Full Personal Credit Report below.
Full Personal Credit Report Consent
• To enable Member Savings to assess the risk of providing provisional credit, such as a reduced deposit hold period, to me or the third party for whom I am acting, I consent to Member Savings obtaining my full personal credit report from credit reporting agencies and providing information about my credit history and other personal information to other financial institutions and credit reporting agencies to update my credit information and maintain the integrity of the credit reporting system. I consent to Member Savings obtaining my full personal credit reports, from time to time, for the same risk assessment, updating, and maintenance purposes.
• Absent this consent, I understand Member Savings will be permitted to use other credit reporting agency products to verify my identity and for the other purposes set out below in the Personal Information Consent section.
• I consent to Member Savings and its agents and representatives
- using my personal information, from time to time, to better understand my needs and determine the suitability of products and services for me or the third party for whom I am acting, to determine my eligibility for these products and services, to develop and enhance products and services, and to ensure high service standards;
- using my personal information, from time to time, for marketing purposes, such as providing me with information by mail or in person about Member Savings, including its products, services, and/or community activities that may be of interest to me or the third party for whom I am acting;
- disclosing my personal information, from time to time, to market research firms for the purposes of analysis and/or conducting surveys; and
- disclosing my personal information, from time to time, to Member Savings affiliates and other carefully selected organizations, such as third-party service providers, for marketing purposes such as providing me with information by mail or in person about products, services, and/or community activities that may be of interest to me or the third party for whom I am acting.
• I consent to Member Savings also providing me or the third party for whom I am acting with the marketing information contemplated above by Commercial Electronic Message (meaning a message sent by any means of telecommunications, including email, voice, sound, text, or image).
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
Member Savings is committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal and financial information. On July 1, 2014, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) came into effect and Member Savings has adopted policies to ensure compliance with the Act. The Act applies to all electronic communications sent by Canadian companies including email or SMS messages, also referred to as commercial electronic messages (CEMs).
Email is a popular form of communication and over the years many members have provided us their email address. We appreciate being able to share important information with you about our products, services, and community activities via email. If you’ve provided us with your email, thank you.
CASL requires that CEMs can only be sent if the recipient has provided consent. If you’re an active member, you don’t have to opt-in to receive emails from us. However, we would still prefer to confirm your consent, and if you haven’t already done so, you can provide it by clicking ‘subscribe’ at the bottom of the emails we send out or when you’re visiting your local branch.
The emails you may receive from Member Savings provide you with an option to change your consent at any time. You can also change your consent by calling us or visiting our branch. If you’re not currently subscribed to our email list, or have previously opted out, you can always subscribe again.
Your privacy is important to us