Our Products & Benefits
No need to squabble for a better rate, our lowest rates are posted - and the same for everyone. Whether you are buying a new home or switching your mortgage, knowing that you are already getting our lowest rate makes it easy.
Besides offering traditional monthly repayment schedules for your mortgage term (from one to five years) we also offer schedules aligned with your paydays. Options for paying off your mortgage faster include:
- 20% prepayment annually without penalty
- Increasing your initial payment amount by 20%
We offer a full range of mortgage products, financing all kinds of properties, including condominiums and vacation properties. Member Savings provides both conventional mortgages (up to 80% of the property’s value) and high-ratio mortgages (up to 95%) insured by Sagen or Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Switching Your Mortgage
With service you can depend on, great rates and flexible payment options, switching your mortgage to Member Savings is an easy choice. We’ll even provide you with a 120-day rate guarantee* to make your transition easier.
When’s the best time to make the switch? When your mortgage is coming up for renewal. Even then, we’ve got your mortgage switching fees covered†.
At Member Savings, we’ll work with you to understand your needs and provide you with the best home ownership solution. So, consider your options:
- Fixed or variable rates
- Terms from six months to 5 years
- Amortization periods up to 30 years
- Payment schedules to fit your cash flow
- Flexible alternatives such as a Home Equity Line of Credit
Peace of Mind
We also offer insurance coverage to pay your mortgage and preserve your family home should something unforeseen occur.
Our Fixed Rate Mortgage offers you peace of mind knowing that your interest rate and payment won’t change for the term you selected. We offer a variety of fixed rate terms at very competitive rates from 6 months to 5 years. Know that you are getting our best rate every time, without having to haggle for it.
Our five year Variable Rate Mortgage offers you the flexibility of being able to increase your payments by any amount at any time without penalty. The interest rate changes with Member Savings Credit Union Prime. This mortgage can be converted to a fixed rate closed mortgage at any time, without penalty.
Preferred Rate LOC Based on the Equity in Your Home
You've put in the time and effort to build up the equity in your home and now you can take advantage of all that hard work. A HELOC is a pre-approved loan at an interest rate as low as prime secured by a first or second mortgage. Funds are advanced, as required, up to your approved limit.
The funds are yours to renovate, consolidate, or use as you please and there are no annual fees.
- Payments are tailored to your needs but can be as low as interest-only.
- HELOC is used with the ease of our Personal Line of Credit, and may be available for up to a limit of 80% of the appraised value of your property, less any outstanding liens.
- The HELOC provides ultimate convenience, funds available instantly with no fuss, and requires no further approvals.
Homebuying is intimidating enough, so why go in alone? Have you ever considered buying a home with your parents? Here at Member Savings, we aim to give you as many options as possible.
Introducing our Multi-Ownership Mortgage option.This mortgage works well with all our mortgage products and promotional offers. The application process is no different than signing on to one of our regular mortgages.
Explore your options.
Refinancing your mortgage is a great opportunity to access funds (equity) at a typically lower interest rate than a traditional loan.
Reasons to Refinance:
- Renovate or make repairs to your home
- Consolidate higher interest debts into one feasible payment with a lower interest rate
- Buy an additional property by using funds as a source of down payment – talk to a Member Savings mortgage specialist
- Maximize your saving opportunity by contributing to your RRSP and take advantage of the tax benefits - talk to an Investment Specialist
- Fund a large purchase like a car or recreational vehicle
- Change your term or type of mortgage for increased financial flexibility