The simple, secure way to send, receive and request money from anywhere to anyone.
Send, request or receive money in a snap with Interac e-Transfer. All you need is an email address and an account at a Canadian financial institution. As a sender, you don't need to worry about figuring out where the person banks and they won't know where you do your banking, because all account details and financial institutions are kept confidential.
Whether you owe a friend for pizza, need to pay your share of the rent, need to ask a friend to pay you back for lunch or expect to receive a payment from a customer, we've got you covered.
Start Using e-Transfers Today
Receive money directly into your account with Autodeposit.
The autodeposit feature allows you to have money sent via Interac e-Transfer automatically deposited directly into your account, without having to answer a security question.
For senders, there is the added convenience of not needing to share security questions while continuing to have the security of knowing who is receiving the funds, prior to sending.
It's simple to set up:
1. Log into your online or mobile banking and navigate to Autodeposit, found in the Interac e-Transfer page.
2. Register your email address and link your account. Any transfers to the registered email address will automatically be deposited into the account.
3. You will receive an email to confirm your registration. Check your inbox and click "Complete Registration".
Get paid easily with Request Money
Easily request money when you are owed with the NEW Interac e-Transfer Request Money feature. When you send a request for money, the recipient is notified instantly and can accept the request. If accepted, the requested amount will be automatically deposited into your account and you will be notified when the funds are available.
1. Log into your online or mobile banking and navigate to the Interac e-Transfer Request Money tab.
2. Add or select a contact and fill out the name and email address the person you wish to send the request to.
3. Type in the specified amount you are requesting and select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into. You can also include a personalized message.
4. Once the recipient has fulfilled your request, funds will immediately be deposited into your account and you will be notified immediately.
There's no need to set up any new accounts, user IDs or passwords. As long as both parties have online banking accounts, all you need to send or receive money is the recipient's email address.
When you send an Interac e-Transfer by email, the money never travels with the message. Instead, recipients receive an encrypted link to deposit the funds using their own banking credentials.
With Interac e-Transfer, you can use any computer or mobile phone to send or receive money instantly by email. Whether you owe your friend, he owes you or they just don't take plastic, you'll never need to worry about carrying cash again.
Recipients are notified by email that they have received a payment within approximately 30 minutes from when the sender initiates the transfer.
Ways to use it
Interac e-Transfer is a quick and convenient way to transfer money for almost anything, such as:
- Repaying money you borrowed from a friend
- Sending cash to children at college or university
- Transferring your share of rent to your roommate
- Request funds from someone who owes you money
- Sending money in place of a gift
- Paying the invoices of suppliers (on single and dual-signature business accounts)
- set up autodeposit to receive funds automatically
- Login to your online banking
- Create a profile with your email address, if you have not already done so
- Select 'Send Interac e-Transfer' under 'Transfers'
- Select a recipient, or add a new recipient profile, by entering the person's name or business name, plus an email address
- Create a security question and answer that only you and the recipient know
- Add a personal message (optional) but don't include the answer to the security question
- Select an account from which to make the transfer and enter the amount
- Send the Interac e-Transfer (your account will be debited the transfer amount immediately, plus any applicable fees)
- Ensure the link received via email offers a secure connection that takes you to a site with the 'https' prefix, rather than 'http'
- Click on the link and you'll be taken to a secure Interac website
- Follow the instructions on the site to select Member Savings and click 'Deposit', and you'll be redirected to our online banking login screen
- Login to answer the security question and accept the transfer
- Select the account where you wish to deposit the money
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under license.