Nov 26, 2020
Looking for safe activities for you and your family to take part in is a common theme on many people’s minds lately. It can be challenging but is so important to get out of the house and stay active while still maintaining a safe distance from others. Canadians across the country have been financially impacted by this ongoing pandemic. Many have lost jobs and some have seen their hours cut back, leaving many with less money coming in each pay period. So why not challenge yourself this weekend to a spending- free family weekend?
Here are a few ideas we see as a great way to do something fun without spending any money:
- Play a board game
- Do a family puzzle
- Go on a nature walk, hike or bike ride
- If you are near a lake, enjoy sitting by the water
- Visit a local conservation area and challenge your family members to a photography contest
- Bake or cook a new recipe as a family
- Re-watch an old movie that you already own and may not have seen in a while
- Look for free socially distant activities in your community
- Visit a bird sanctuary
- Craft or draw with supplies that you already have laying around your house
- Create a scavenger hunt in your backyard or nearby park
Not only will you have fun spending time with your family, but you can save the money you otherwise would have spent on other financial goals.