The simple, secure way to send, receive and request money from anywhere to anyone.
Send, request or receive money in a snap with Interac e-Transfer. All you need is an email address and an account at a Canadian financial institution. As a sender, you don't need to worry about figuring out where the person banks and they won't know where you do your banking, because all account details and financial institutions are kept confidential.
Whether you owe a friend for pizza, need to pay your share of the rent, need to ask a friend to pay you back for lunch or expect to receive a payment from a customer, we've got you covered.
The autodeposit feature allows you to have money sent via Interac e-Transfer automatically deposited directly into your account, without having to answer a security question.
For senders, there is the added convenience of not needing to share security questions while continuing to have the security of knowing who is receiving the funds, prior to sending.
It's simple to set up:
1. Log into your online or mobile banking and navigate to Autodeposit, found in the Interac e-Transfer page.
2. Register your email address and link your account. Any transfers to the registered email address will automatically be deposited into the account.
3. You will receive an email to confirm your registration. Check your inbox and click "Complete Registration".
Easily request money when you are owed with the NEW Interac e-Transfer Request Money feature. When you send a request for money, the recipient is notified instantly and can accept the request. If accepted, the requested amount will be automatically deposited into your account and you will be notified when the funds are available.
1. Log into your online or mobile banking and navigate to the Interac e-Transfer Request Money tab.
2. Add or select a contact and fill out the name and email address the person you wish to send the request to.
3. Type in the specified amount you are requesting and select the account you would like the funds to be deposited into. You can also include a personalized message.
4. Once the recipient has fulfilled your request, funds will immediately be deposited into your account and you will be notified immediately.
There's no need to set up any new accounts, user IDs or passwords. As long as both parties have online banking accounts, all you need to send or receive money is the recipient's email address.
When you send an Interac e-Transfer by email, the money never travels with the message. Instead, recipients receive an encrypted link to deposit the funds using their own banking credentials.
With Interac e-Transfer, you can use any computer or mobile phone to send or receive money instantly by email. Whether you owe your friend, he owes you or they just don't take plastic, you'll never need to worry about carrying cash again.
Recipients are notified by email that they have received a payment within approximately 30 minutes from when the sender initiates the transfer.
Interac e-Transfer is a quick and convenient way to transfer money for almost anything, such as:
® Trademark of Interac Inc. Used under license.